(2) It shall come into force on such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
2. Definitions.- In this Act, and in all Statutes made hereunder, unless the context otherwise requires,-
(a) " Academic Council" means the Academic Council of the University;
(b) " academic staff" means such categories of staff as are designated as academic staff by the Ordinances;
3. Establishment of the University.-
(1) The Rajiv Gandhi University in the State of Arunachal Pradesh, established under the Rajiv Gandhi University Act, 1984 , shall be established as a body corporate under this Act by the same name of" Rajiv Gandhi University".
4. Effect of establishment of the University.- On and from the date of commencement of this Act,-
(a) any reference to the Rajiv Gandhi University in any contract or other instrument shall be deemed as a reference to the University;
(b) all property, movable and immovable, of or belonging to the Rajiv Gandhi University shall vest in the University;
5. Objects of the University.- The objects of the University shall be to disseminate and advance knowledge by providing instructional and research facilities in such branches of learning as it may deem fit; to make provisions for integrated courses in humanities, natural and physical sciences, social sciences, forestry and other allied disciplines in the educational programmes of the University; to take appropriate measures for promoting innovations in teaching- learningprocess, inter- disciplinary studies and research; to educate and train manpower for the development of the State of Arunachal Pradesh; and to pay special attention to the improvement of the social and economic conditions and welfare of the people of that State, their intellectual, academic and cultural development.