Coordinator: Prof. Vandana Upadhyay, Dept. of Economics
The Centre for Development Studies (CDS) is set up with a generous grant of the corpus fund of 10 crore from Ministry of Finance (Department of Economics Affairs), Government of India as a research adjunct at the Department of Economics, Rajiv Gandhi University to provide better research facilities to the faculty, research scholars as well the students of the Department of Economics.
1) To promote and coordinate research on various development issues.
2) To sponsor economists from all over India and abroad to Department of Economics, Rajiv Gandhi University for delivering lectures.
3) To collaborate with national and international agencies in conducting studies and research on issues of critical importance to the region/ country/ between countries.
4) To conduct regular seminars, conferences and workshops etc.
5) To upgrade research infrastructure including communication and computing facilities.
The Centre for Development Studies organized a one week workshop on “Statistical Techniques and Their Application in Social Science Research” during 2nd-6th December, 2015. Participants from various states of India like Assam, Sikkim, Mizoram, Manipur, Tripura, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, West Bengal and Talengana attended the workshop.
The Centre also organized another one week workshop on “NSSO DATA HANDLING” during 15th to 19th March, 2016. Participants from various states of India like Assam, Sikkim, Mizoram, Manipur, Tripura, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, and West Bengal attended the workshop.