On 19th February 2019 Placement Cell was created in RGU under the chairmanship of Prof. Saket Khuswaha, Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor, Rajiv Gandhi University with the Dean, Faculty of Commerce and Management as a Professor-in-charge and the Jt. Registrar (Aca. & Conf.) as the convener, Coordinator Career Counseling Cell as the member coordinator. The main activity of the Placement Cell is to promote and provide a platform for placement of the interested student through campus recruitment.
The Advisory Committee with 22 members is the highest decision making body for the Placement Cell constituted for a term of three years. Honorable Vice Chancellor, Rajiv Gandhi University is the ex-officio chairman and the Jt. Registrar (Aca. & Conf.) is the convener. The coordinator, Career Counseling Cell is the member coordinator. The committee shall meet twice in a year with one meeting in each semester.
The Working Committee with eight members under the chairmanship of Professor incharge, Placement Cell will function as second highest decision making body. The committee shall meet four times in a year with two meetings in each semester. The main function of this committee is to guide the day-to-day functions of the placement cell.
Activities undertaken by the Placement Cell
The Placement Cell is responsible for placement activities in the university. It shall work in coordination with the University Industry Interface Cell (UIIC) and Career Counseling Cell (CCC). The Placement Cell has to report to the Vice-chancellor from time to time about the activities of the Cell. The overall activities of the placement cell are:
- Formation of Students’ Placement Committees for final placement and also for getting industrial training and industry linked project work for students.
- Preparation of Placement Brochure for final placement.
- Communication, networking and relationship building with the potential recruiters.
- Invitation to potential recruiters to visit the University.
- Continuation of placement activities after the stipulated period, till all the students are placed.
- Grooming and training of the candidates for the placements so that their chances of selection increase.
- General follow-up, joining formalities and other administrative activities.
- Liasioning with government, private and semi government sectors for recruitment and placement of students.
- Display of any employment news or opportunities in the appropriate places for wide circulation of the students.
- Conducting awareness camp/ workshop/ seminars/ talks, etc on various issues related to soft skill and personality development of the students.
- To invite resource persons from outside corporate and government/semi government institutions to motivate, encourage, train and reorient the students for improving employability.
A tripartite Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for joint placement drive has been signed with NERIST, Nirjuli and NIT-AP, Yupia on 13th August 2019 and the same has to be executed/implemented as and when the need arises. Any matters related to placement cell other than above mentioned shall be executed as per the provisions of the Act, Ordinance and other guidelines of Rajiv Gandhi University framed/issued from time to time.