Alumni Association Rajiv Gandhi University (AARGU)
As envisaged in clause 39 of the Rajiv Gandhi University Act 2006, an alumni association – Alumni Association Rajiv Gandhi University (AARGU) is functioning in the university. The University boasts of its large alumni network spread across various public and professional life in the state and other parts of the country. It is bridge between Alumni and the University. AARGU provides our alumni with a host of services that helps them keep in touch with their batchmates and also keep them updated on campus happenings. It strives to bridge the gap between Rajiv Gandhi University and its esteemed alumni community. It continuously endeavours to strengthen the relations of the alumni of this University and their alma mater.
The association was formed to create a strong network of University Alumni by steering activities throughout the year, through continuous engagement with the various governing bodies and by encouraging Alumni to share knowledge on areas which are shaping the University in future. It helps members reach out to each other and create a synergy within the network.
The office of the association maintains an extensive database of alumni since 1986 which aids us to address and organise reunions where our alumni come together and revive pleasant memories of the past time they spent at university. The association keeps in regular touch with all of its alumni through dedicated reunions, events, publications and correspondences, meetings and online networking sites. At present, it has more than 500 registered members. AARGU invites its successful alumni to deliver lectures and share their success stories on a regular basis. In the recent past, AARGU has organised talks, conferences and webinars in this regard.
Functions of the AARGU
- Provide a platform for the alumni to connect with each other for the exchange of information, ideas, accomplishments, interests, concerns, etc.
- Create a platform for the Alumni to interact with students for their career progression.
- Help generate Alumni endowment funding as a part of giving back to Alma mater.
- Enrich the emotional bondage amongst the Students, Alumni and the Faculty.
- Extend maximum help to the University in the placements and internships of students in reputed organizations.
- Recognize Alumni for their significant contributions to education, professional and public life.
- Propose and execute special projects: Infrastructure, Technical projects, Seminars, Conferences, etc.
- Institute awards and scholarships for meritorious students.
- Institute Recognitions and awards for the Distinguish Alumni for their contribution to the University and the Society.
- To strengthen ties between the University and alumni and encourage them to participate in various cultural and social activities.