Coordinator: Prof. Vandana Upadhyay,, Dept. of Economics
Year of Establishment: 2010
The Centre for Development Studies (CDS) is set up with a generous grant of the corpus fund of 10 crore from Ministry of Finance (Department of Economics Affairs), Government of India as a research adjunct at the Department of Economics, Rajiv Gandhi University to provide better research facilities to the faculty, research scholars as well the students of the Department of Economics.
- To promote and coordinate research on various development issues.
- To sponsor economists from all over India and abroad to Department of Economics, Rajiv Gandhi University for delivering lectures.
- To collaborate with national and international agencies in conducting studies and research on issues of critical importance to the region/ country/ between countries.
- To conduct regular seminars, conferences and workshops etc.
- To upgrade research infrastructure including communication and computing facilities.